These terms and conditions apply at each property managed by the Convo Hotels Group and their operating companies and apply for each reservation made both through an Online Travel Agent (OTA), through the Booking Engine at www.convohotels.com or directly via each property.
Each Hotel has specific rules and regulations set that each guest must abide by and where they are not listed below, these will be advised during the reservation process and/or during the Guest check-in procedure at the Hotel.
Prices and Taxes
- All rooms are subject to VAT, inclusive of all room rates and services charged.
- All rooms are subject to the Government Accommodation Tax, collected by the City of Athens/Porto. This tax is excluded from the room rate.
Payment Terms for Booking
- The credit card provided at the time of reservation shall be charged for the full amount of your stay, up to (2) days prior to your arrival. If you cancel your reservation within 48 hours of your arrival date, you will be charged the first night’s accommodation charge as a cancellation fee.
- The hotel has the right to cancel your reservation if the credit card used to secure the booking does not allow authorization to be taken at the time that your reservation is made, and a cancellation notice will be sent to the email address you have provided on the reservation.
- If the provided email address is not valid, the Hotel accepts no responsibility if a room is not available on your arrival.
- The maximum occupancy rules are listed on the website for the room type that is being booked.
- Your reservation is guaranteed until the day of arrival. After that time, it will no longer be guaranteed and the room may be reassigned.
- The operating hours of each Hotel Reception vary and some Hotels within The Convo Group do not have 24-hour reception facilities. We recommend that each Guest confirm the hours that Check-in and Check-out procedures are available before making a reservation.
- A credit card pre-authorization equivalent to your daily room rate will be taken on check-in as a guarantee for any incidental charges incurred throughout the Guest’s stay.
- A valid photo identification is required upon check-in. A Guest cannot be registered unless a copy of the passport or a copy of the official identification is provided to the Hotel.
- Check-in time is at 03:00 PM
- Availability of the room, access code to the property and/or the room cannot be guaranteed by the Hotel before the Check-in time specified herein.
- Without a valid credit card, your reservation is only guaranteed until 6 pm on the date of your arrival unless prior arrangements have been made with the hotel directly.
- Check-out time is at 12:00 PM.
- Possibility of a late Check-out cannot be guaranteed. In the event the late Check-out request is made at the time of reservation, the Hotel will employ its best efforts to confirm the request. Requests for late Check-out made on the day of departure may not be confirmed. Late check-outs are subject to a fee of up to 50% of the best available room rate.
- Extending the stay at the Hotel is not guaranteed as it is subject to availability.
- If you stay in the room beyond 6 pm on the day of your late check-out, you will be charged the full night’s rate.
- Checking out early will incur one night’s accommodation charge.
- The Hotel may use an online Check-in process to facilitate guests’ access to the property. Access to the property is made via a series of unique codes issued to each guest. No two codes are the same. If the code is lost or forgotten, the guest will be provided with a new code. Where an online Check-in process is facilitated, Guests who do not use the online Check-in facility may experience delays in accessing the hotel if the hotel is not staffed at all times. The hotel operating hours are posted at convohotels.com and on the OTA sites.
General Rules and Regulations
- Rooms can only be used by guests who are registered with a valid identity document at the Hotel.
- Smoking in the Hotel premises is not allowed. Guests who smoke in the room will be charged with an additional cleaning fee at Check-out. This charge varies from Hotel to Hotel but can be up to 300 Euros.
- The Housekeeping room service will be provided in line with local COVID policies. Please contact our reception team for more information. Requests for housekeeping service received after 6 pm will be met the following day.
- We expect all guests to be mindful of the comfort and enjoyment of other Guests. Disturbing other guests will not be accepted under any circumstances. The Hotel reserves the right to refuse further hospitality to the Guest, or Guests, who disturb other guests, and/or are, in any way, disrespectful to the Hotel rules or to The Convo team on site.
- The Hotel may host private events such as weddings and conferences. In that case, the Hotel shall employ its best efforts to reduce any inconveniences for the Guests.
- Refunds shall not be issued in any way possible and for any reason whatsoever, except as otherwise decided by the Management of the Hotel.
- Guests shall be held responsible for any breach of the rules and damage to the Hotel units and premises.
- The use of portable heating devices, candles and/or any other naked flame is expressly forbidden in the Guest room at each Hotel.
Use of Personal information
- The Hotel is committed to the protection of the guest’s private and personal information. Guests can reach us at the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hotel will process your data to manage the stay at the Hotel and to improve your experience as our customer, while The Convo Hotels will process your data to provide lodging and ancillary services.
- Likewise, we will need to process your data to comply with the legal obligations we are subject to (including fraud prevention). In case you grant your consent, we will also process your data to send you commercial communications of the Convo Hotels, adjusted to your profile.
- The Convo Hotels may communicate your data to third parties such as, for example banks or other financial institutions to process the payments or to law enforcement agencies for compliance with the obligations imposed on us by the law.
- In case you sign up for the Convo loyalty program, The Convo will process your personal data to provide you with the respective loyalty services. In this sense, we will process any points generated and we may send you information regarding your points and the program benefits, adjusted to your profile. Likewise, we may communicate your data to other The Convo Hotels group companies to fulfill the aforementioned purposes and, in case you request to benefit from the services offered by the Convo loyalty program partners, we will communicate your data to such partners for the attention of your request. You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, objection and / or restriction of the processing and the portability of your data by writing to the Convo Group to the email stated above, proving your identity and indicating in both cases (a) “Data protection” as the subject and (b) whether your request is addressed to the individual Hotel or to the Convo Hotels as a group. Furthermore, you may contact the competent national Supervisory Authority at any time. For more information, please consult the hotel team.
Limitation of Liability
- While The Convo Hotels agree to take all necessary steps to ensure the security of the guests, The Convo Hotels shall not be held responsible nor liable for:
(i) any loss or damage of the guest’s private or personal property of any kind,
(ii) any theft occurring within the premises of the hotels,
(iii) physical damage arising out of any accident occurring within the premises arising out of the guest’s negligence and lack of reasonable care.
In all cases, The Convo Hotels’ liability shall be limited at all times to the amount payable by the Second Party to the First Party. In any case, the liability of the First Party shall not be extended beyond the amounts paid under this Agreement.
- The failure or delay of The Convo Hotel to perform any of its obligations underlined in these Terms and Conditions, solely by reason of acts of God, acts of civil or military authority, civil disturbance, war, strikes or other labour disputes or disturbances, fire, transportation contingencies, shortage of facilities, fuel, energy, labour or materials, or laws, regulations, acts or orders of any governmental agency or official, epidemic and pandemic, and other catastrophes, or any other circumstance beyond its reasonable control (“Force Majeure”) will be deemed not to be a breach of its obligations, nor a breach of the Terms and Conditions, so long as The Convo Hotel has not contributed to such Force Majeure, has used reasonable efforts to avoid such Force Majeure or to ameliorate its effects, and continues to take all actions within its power to comply as fully as possible with the Terms and Conditions. In the event of any such Force Majeure, performance of the obligations will be deferred until the Force Majeure ceases.